Clearly, I am the last person on the 5 Minute Journal train! I recently bought it and I’ve been loving it so far (even though, some days I skip it). If you’re not familiar with the benefits of journaling, check out this article (here). I often struggle on what to write about in a daily journal.. so I listed a bunch of prompts down below to help you (and me!), haha.
PS. Some of the best journaling/writing advice I ever received was “Write less than you want to”. Basically, it helps you remove the massive weight of having to write a lot or something meaningful.. You just write until you don’t want to anymore and you stop. Write less than you need to. Write down what comes through naturally and then stop – no more, no less.
– What does the ideal day look like for you?
– What is your idea of an adventure?
– If you could remove one thing from the world – What would you choose?
– At the end of your life, when you look back, what adventures do you want to have had?
– Name 2 things that you are grateful for, in this very moment
– At the end of your life, when you look back, what do you want to have accomplished in your life?
– If you could tell the 12 year old you, one thing from the future – What would you say?
– What is one thing you would like to start learning?
– Describe the best relationship in your life today
– How would you describe the past month?
– Name the peak and valley of your day (Peak is the highlight, Valley is the low point)
– What would you like to accomplish by your next birthday?
– Name 3 things that are guaranteed to make you laugh
– What would you like to be recognized for, now?
– What is your favourite book and why?
– What would you like to be recognized for when you are older?
– How do you want to be remembered when you are gone?
– Where have you travelled? What’s missing from that list?
– If you could learn another language, what would it be and why?
I hope you guys enjoyed this list! Are you currently writing in your journal? How has it helped you?